SIT Meeting Minutes for September 7, 2016Members Present: Kristina Lowe, Veronica Gentry, Brad Sprinkle, Andrew Pless, Jeff Fleckenstein, Jodi Mann, Rachel Smith, Brannon Hughes, Colonel Hutchison, Cheryl Shelton, Tina Thorpe, and Wesley Floyd.
- Review Mission and Vision Statements and Core Values
- As of now the decision has been made to keep the voted on Mission and Vision Statements from last year along with our Core Values.
- Mission Statement: Madison High School will provide students with opportunities to experience successful learning that will enable them to excel in college, career, and life.
- Vision Statement: Students will graduate from Madison High School ready to be productive, globally-aware citizens who are prepared for future success.
- Core Values/Beliefs to accompany our Mission and Vision Statements:
P-We believe in professionalism.
A-We believe in accountability.
T-We believe in trustworthiness.
R-We believe in giving/receiving respect.
I-We believe in integrity.
O-We believe in open mindedness.
T-We believe in powerful teaching.
S-We believe in student engagement, service, and success.
- Parent SIT Member
- Tina will look for a candidate to fill this position for our team. Rachel Smith recommended Karen Rigsby, however, no feedback on her decision at this time.
- Student SIT Member
- Ask Kristen Vann, STUCO Advisor, to have leadership by the student body present at the SIT meetings.
- Lesson Plan Requirements
- A lesson plan template has been developed and will be introduced shortly. Lesson plans will be submitted for each class weekly to your department head. Further instructions to come.
- Impact Plan
- Decide upon two to three goals from the twelve made available by the six Impact Plan groups.
- A Google Form will be sent out for faculty to vote on which one to choose after the SIT team meets to decide on the goals